Thursday, June 4, 2009

More museum work

I think that The Peranakan Museum will always be one of my favourite clients. There are so many intricacies in Peranakan culture, my only complaint is that they rarely ask me to draw in color! :)

Souvenir for preschool program, 2008

Postcard, 2009

Here's one of the few where I actually got to open my paint box. A series of "flat puppets" (they were laminated and printed in A3 paper) which were used to tell young museum visitors about how Peranakan culture started in Malaysia and Singapore.

Peranakan Puppets, 2008
For this series, I actually tried to look for photos of "18th century Chinese and Indian merchants"! Never understimate the power of Google.


If you happen to be passing by Singapore in the future, try to check out The Peranakan Museum. It's worth the trip :)

4 comments:

  1. Cuuuuute! I like it how their features are all so rounded and simplified, very comfortable looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blouse and hat look intricate. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice ats, your characters are perfect for that culture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally wonderful as always, those puppets are adorable, the young visitors must love them.
    Indeed what would we do without google!
    What a fun client.

    ReplyDelete