Sunday, March 15, 2009

Message in a Bottle

I was browsing through my online portfolio when I came upon this painting I did for my husband a few days before I left the US.

Letter Sent, 2008

I thought it would be fun to create something to complete the drawing's message. After all, every letter sent is eventually received.


Letter Received, 2009

While it would have been more accurate to draw myself in a bottle of buildings and billboards, I wasn't sure if there was such a thing as an "urban-themed" terrarium ;) Still, my husband's snow globe is pretty spot on (See the reason why here).

It's amazing how something as simple as writing letters can continue to connect two people living in such different environments.

4 comments:

  1. HAHA cutie!

    and will you believe i actually know what a terrarium is!
    hahahahahahaha! we had to make one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (accurate for draw) should be (accurate to draw)
    ha ha grammar nazi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and biro mo before my comment it said (1 comments) pati blogspot nagrammar nazi. it should be (1 comment) corny?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, thanks for spotting that pops! changed it already.

    At oo. corny mo. hehe

    ReplyDelete